Transfer Admissions


Carson-Newman University wants to make transferring here simple and smooth.  Our counselors want to meet with you and help you plan your transfer to C-N as  soon as you are ready to start exploring it.

Carson-Newman University was one of 208 universities in the US to be named to the 2023 Transfer Honor Roll in recognition of the dynamic pathways we have created to support community college transfer students.

How Will Your Credits Transfer?

We want to honor the credits you’ve already worked so hard to earn.

Carson-Newman will receive any Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree earned from a regionally accredited institution in full meaning you’ve satisfied your Liberal Arts core at C-N met with the exception of three Carson-Newman specific classes.  Our admission counselors are happy to help you see just how much progress toward your degree that you’ve already made and what classes you still need to finish your bachelor’s degree at C-N. 

If you don’t have an associate degree, you will receive a class-by-class transfer evaluation and a personalized degree plan during your admission process.

Carson-Newman also recognizes and participates in the Tennessee Transfer Pathways program.  You can learn more about the Tennessee Transfer Pathways and C-N here.

Steps to Apply

1. Complete our free, online application.

That’s right – there’s no application fee. No essay required.

2. Submit an official transcript

Submit a transcript from all colleges/universities attended. Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Carson-Newman University
1646 Russell Ave.
Jefferson City, TN

Submit an official transcript electronically to

Transcripts can also be submitted via Parchment, Clearinghouse, and fax.

3. Submit Transfer Student Disciplinary Form

Fill out Transfer Student Disciplinary Check Record Form and mail to:
Office of Admissions
Carson-Newman University
1646 Russell Ave.
Jefferson City, TN

4. Students who have earned less than 12 transferable college credit hours after high school graduation need to also submit:

  • Official High School transcript/GED scores and ACT and/or SAT scores

Transfer admissions decisions are based on the following:

  • Academic Record and Cumulative GPA
  • Academic and Disciplinary standing at current and former institutions
  • High School coursework and ACT or SAT scores (if required)
  • Other factors such as: extracurricular or leadership activities, special talents or skills, recommendations from teachers and/or counselors

What’s Next?

If you are admitted to Carson-Newman, you can get a head start in the enrollment process.

1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

This will allow you to receive a financial aid package detailing your specific scholarship, grant and loan opportunities. Carson-Newman’s FAFSA code is: 003481

2. Submit your $200 enrollment deposit.

This amount confirms that you plan to attend Carson-Newman. It will be applied toward your tuition and your orientation expense.